Memory Lane

Memories of our days at BBHS

Moderator: Moderators

Memory Lane

Postby Jerry Fontenot » Tue May 30, 2000 9:35 pm

Remember the food strike at St. James cafeteria and how St. Marys section sent us a care package. And all those wonderful after game dances.
Jerry Fontenot

Memory Lane

Postby Barbara Milich Gladu » Sun Nov 26, 2000 6:17 pm

I remember loaning my swim suit and roller skates to the nuns so that they could entertain themselves on some weekends.
Barbara Milich Gladu

Memory Lane

Postby Peggy Powell » Wed Mar 21, 2001 5:29 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhh, the great food at St. Mary's section cooked and baked by Mrs. Mevers and her mother. Ummmmm those great hot pies after mass every morning, and on Tuesdays (I think) they fixed those wonderful fried pork chops. Not too hard to tell what part of school I enjoyed the most, and all them good fixins have caught up with me too. <BR>Peggy Ancelet Powell class of 59
Peggy Powell

Memory Lane

Postby Mike DeCoux » Fri Apr 20, 2001 7:03 pm

Buddy Mevers intersepting a lateral against Vidor and running it back 99 yards with an assist for the last 20. Rebel Rally in the square on the 100 aniv. of the attack on Ft. Sumpter. Sister Baptist being mortified. Sister Baptist getting the final word by squirting me in the face with a water gun hidden under her red surplus. It was a good place to grow up wasn't it ?
Mike DeCoux

Memory Lane

Postby videoguy » Fri Jun 01, 2001 10:16 pm

Does anyone have any film of the last few years of the football team (or any other teams)?
videoguy

Memory Lane

Postby glenn prioux 1966 » Sat Jun 09, 2001 12:12 am

I REMEMBER ALL THE GAMES,DANCES,FRIENDS MADE AND ALL THE OTHER GOOD TIMES WE HAD AT BBHS.SPEAKING OF PORK CHOPS AT ST. MARY'S,I REMEMBER LARRY MEAUX DID'NT LIKE THEM SO EVERY DAY THEY WERE ON THE MENU HE HAD ALL THE GUYS IN THE CLASS BEGGING HIM FOR HIS.
glenn prioux 1966

Memory Lane

Postby David Placette » Thu Nov 29, 2001 1:01 pm

Remember the dances at St. James, the old hut, that was the place....
David Placette

Memory Lane

Postby rmiller » Fri Apr 19, 2002 7:40 am

My name is Hap Miller. I would have been a member of the BBHS Class of 1956. I graduated from the 8th grade at St Mary's, but moved and was not around to make it to BBHS. Mrs Sarah Dixon was my grandmother, and Mrs Bernice Mevers was my aunt(both from the cafeteria). Sarah Ann, Teresa and Buddy Mevers were cousins, as were Bob and Jack Dixon. If there are any members of the St Mary's crowd (BBHS Class of 1956) around I would love to hear from them (<A HREF="mailto:rmiller@rockbridge.net">rmiller@rockbridge.net</A>). I think of you all frequently. Take care! Hap.
rmiller

Memory Lane

Postby BobbieVice Griffin » Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:58 pm

remember the C>Y>O dances when boys would not dance girls would dance with each other such great music back than don't youll agree
BobbieVice Griffin

Memory Lane

Postby Charlie Sassine » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:01 pm

Saw one on Coach Umphrey and had to share my experiences in his wonderful English class vintage '76-77. I remember Tom throwing his lit cigarettes in the trash can and everyone in class watching them smolder. I also found his habit of jamming kleenex up both his nostrils when he had a cold most amusing. I find myself doing the same thing now. On another occaison Coach Umphrey ran out of cigarettes one day and had me jog down to Razorbacks Grocery and fetch another pack. Oh the good old days..............Coach Umphrey is a brilliant guy and a real scholar. I was able to place out of freshman English at Lamar Univ. due to the great course work and college preparation I received in the Liberal Arts at BBHS. Tom Rocks!!!
Charlie Sassine

Memory Lane

Postby Bobby Browne » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:47 pm

1967 <BR>* Amana introduces first microwave oven <BR>* President Johnson appoints Thurgood Marshall to the Supreme Court <BR>* Jack Ruby dies of cancer. <BR>* Average income $7,300/yr <BR>* Average cost of a home $14,400 <BR>* Average cost of gasoline $.33/gal <BR>* Movies <BR> In the Heat of the Night <BR> Cool Hand Luke <BR> Bonnie and Clyde <BR> The Graduate <BR>* Nobel Peace Prize was not awarded in 1967 <BR> <BR>Seems like only yesterday, doesn't it!
Bobby Browne

Previous

Return to Memory Lane